Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Tuesday 6 July 2010

Ta - Dah! Introducing 'SIBOL No. 17!' and beautiful Squares from Australia.

 Hello Everyone!

Thank you all for visiting SIBOL today. 

First of all I'd like to thank you all very much for your kind comments about the '16 SIBOLS!'.  The mosaic was made on Big Huge Labs and they are great fun to do.  It is amazing when you see the 16 Blankets altogether like that. I have finished SIBOL No. 17 now, but first I am excited because LT81/Lauren has very kindly sent me some Squares all the way from Australia.

As you know we do Crochet and Knit for different Challenges. We have a 'Black and White' Square Challenge coming up and we also need  Squares for 'Men's Blankets'. (Darker Colours).  All the information is on the side bar. But if you need to know anything please email me sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

Squares arrived today from LT81/Lauren.  Lauren has very kindly sent me some Squares which will be great for the 'Black and White' Challenge and also some for the 'Men's Blankets'. They are in darker Colours which is great. Just look at the wonderful Colour combinations. They are so....effective. I absolutely love them, thank you so much Lauren.  If you pop over to Lauren's Flickr site, she has put details up of where she got the patterns from. If you click on the photo, details will come up.

I am showcasing your Squares now for you Lauren in your very own Slide Show!



I told you they were lovely.......I'm sure you agree! Thank you Lauren!

I'm also very pleased to show you SIBOL No. 17.  Now as you know I am currently working on the Flower Blankets. But in between I have been working on a White Blanket.  Back in March Luna (USA)  very kindly sent me some beautiful White/Coloured Squares along with some Flower Squares. Well I'm using the Flower Squares in the Blankets now, but the White ones have been waiting. In June Nettie and her Mother from Australia sent over some White/Coloured Squares which they had made and I instantly thought wow these will be great to put together.  I had also received a brightly coloured one from Molly  (USA) so I started making a Blanket using all of these Squares. (With the addition of one Square from me as I was short). Molly's Square is in the middle.  So thank you to you all for your lovely Squares.

Sometimes you might think I haven't seen my Square, but please be assured they will be used. I'm just waiting to put them into the appropriate Blanket.  I'm so pleased how this Blanket has turned out and I'd love Nettie to name the Blanket as Luna has already named one.
.
I'd like to thank Mia Self too, because Mia very kindly donated the white wool which I have used. She had a large 500gm ball taking up space not been used and she thought of SIBOL. I think it was really very kind of you Mia, thank you. I have put it to good use

So here's the Slide Show of SIBOL No. 17. Thanks for visiting us.




Have a good day everyone and thank you!

10 comments:

  1. WOW. This one was quick. Lots of hookie madness at your house this weekend.

    By the way, I love the journey through your garden and all your flowers. Do you have to replant all those every year or do they make it through the winter there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely blanket sue, I really like the black and white squares, looking forward to seeing that one finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blanket number 17! It looks wonderful. Well done again Sue

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue: Lauren's black and white squares are really beautiful....I love that black flower on the white background what a zinger! SIBOL has really been blessed with such generous and talented people. As for Blanket 17 - simply delicious. That contrasting black thread in the border is the greatest!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they're just lovely! She has done a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's actually Navy wool Posy Linda. Glad you like it.
    Thanks for your kind words on your blog Crochet with Raymond!
    Laura and Charles - Thank you.
    The Garden Bell - Sometimes some of the Geraniums pop back up the next year. But usually the frost gets them.
    Thanks all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your squares Lauren really super. 17 blankets would you believe it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the white blanket!
    It is absolutely lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowww! This blanket is gorgeous!
    Sue, in the meantime you are an experienced blanket maker. The blankets are getting better and better.
    The black and white squares are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, it's lovely Sue. Well done. Lauren's squares are lovely as well. The black and white will make stunning blankets.

    ReplyDelete