Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Tuesday 20 July 2010

When all you have are scraps, make squares!

From this. . . .


comes this. . . .


with a little extra yarn and lots of love to create these.

Hi, I am 'Joyce' or real name, Frances, you can call me either, I love both my names.
I live in Australia, and I got to meet Mrs Twins and find out about SIBOL through one of my lovely new blog friends, Alice. I was going to share her blog here, but I haven't asked her or Mrs Twins permission, and as I am a guest here and not sure on blog manners and all that, I will leave that for now. Alice told me she was making some squares for SIBOL and when I come over to check it out, I was like 'wow', immediately dove for my little container of 'scraps' and started doing granny squares.

Well I can tell you now, I have an empty yarn 'scraps' container. hmmmm, might have to do me something about that now!!

I have been able to basic crochet and knit for many years, taught by my beautiful Grandma, Nanna and the most wonderful person in my life, my Mum.
My crochet granny squares have only recently been relearnt as most of my crochet has been straight lines, as I lost the know-how of doing a flat granny square and not a gathered, wavy, lopsided kind of 'mess'. I would so love to be able to make some of the stunning flower squares that I have seen coming through the SIBOL blog site of late.

Well enough about me, I would like to say thank you to Mrs Twins, thank you for putting together this wonderful blog, thank you for bringing our hooks and yarns together across the globe with one sweet loving intention, to bring some love and warmth to cold knees that need it most. Thank you to such awesome talent through the beautiful squares that are coming through the slideshows. I sit and gawp at all the loveliness.

If you are reading this post and you don't knit or crochet, but you know someone that does, please don't be shy in passing this blog onto them. Even if they don't have time to contribute, but perhaps have a few balls of yarn that they do not wish to use anymore, it would be greatly appreciated to help finish off the rugs. All those beautiful edgings for each of the rugs act as a frame for the stunning artwork to be displayed and shown off so beautifully.

Thank you Mrs Twins for having me guest here on SIBOL. It is an honour.


5 comments:

  1. Yey - love the motto! I'm a bit of a hoarder and refuse to throw out wool scraps, they'll all have their uses one day! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've written beautiful words. I can't say it better.
    It's fantastic to participate in Sibol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to SIBOL joyce nice to meet you.Glad you joined us and your squares are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic post Joyce. I am so pleased you have joined us. I have enjoyed this post so....much!
    You are most welcome to join us, we love having you and please 'team blog' again with us.
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joyce: You are so right. A little bit of yarn can be made into something delightful. Thanks for the great post.

    ReplyDelete