Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Thursday 29 July 2010

'The Traditional Granny Square' in Wacky Colours from the UK!

Hi Everyone!

First of all before I talk about the Squares that came in today. I want to ask you all a question. 

We've had such wonderful Squares come in to SIBOL, as you can probably see. A lot of Ladies ask
'Where did the pattern come from?'  Well this is why we have started SIBOL - The Archive  This is a
place where you can go to find that special pattern. It's early days for us over there but we've already had
some Ladies post their Square on there with pattern details. So please pop over.

A good book to use is Jan Eatons'   ' 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws and Afghans'.  Quite a few of the SIBOL Squares were found there.



But the question today is......'Do you have a favourite web-site which gives out 'free' patterns?' Would you like to share it with us? We'd love you to leave a comment and tell us where you go to find that special pattern.

I would like to thank Pol (MSE) Knitting Forum  (UK) for the gorgeous Squares she sent me today! Whether you are starting out with Crocheting or even a more experienced Crocheter, the Traditional Granny Square is still my favourite. Just look how different it looks with a a variety of Colours! Your Squares are lovely Pol, thank you so much!

I've made you a Slide Show Pol, sit back and enjoy your Squares! Thanks again.




Created with flickr slideshow from softsea.

11 comments:

  1. I love that Jan Eaton book! I normally have a gander around on raverly for any free square patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa's rainbow colors squares are great. You'll have fun with those for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whether ripples or grannie you can't go wrong with Jan. Will try to put link to my pattern up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have few books ,some of my square I just use my imagination adding some applique to some squares with some books ideas and other crocheters.But yes I have some books to show if you allow me to post them later during the week.They are a big help.That's a good idea.
    Thanks ladies and have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plain granny squares can look so wonderful with the right combination of colours as can easily been seen in the photos.
    Well done Pol?!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the book and tried one but it came out too floppy. I think my tension was too loose so I need to use a smaller needle. It's good to see those squares as I was worried if I did some they wouldn't look quite as fantastic as some of the squares the ladies do but I can see that plain granny squares would be fine too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm grateful for all of your comments!

    Hazel - Please don't ever think your Squares aren't 'good enough' for SIBOL. The Traditional Granny Squares are absolutely fine, I love each little 'beauty!'.

    I'm sure these comments will help Sally who enquired. I hope so.

    Yes Luna, you are welcome to post over on SIBOL
    whenever you have time. We look forward to seeing the books! Thank you!

    TGB - Thank you that would be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found this site a while ago - there a few gems amongst the other stuff!
    http://www.free-crochet.com/list.html?criteria=FC00234&cat_id=310

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely squares, I must get round to posting on the SIBOL Archive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you easternsparkle!
    Much appreciated!

    Kimbles - Any time! You are welcome....x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look what I found a while ago. Some of you know it, I'm sure - but for the other one...
    http://www.allcrafts.net/crochet/crochetsquares.htm

    ReplyDelete