Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Tuesday 13 July 2010

Busy Day here on SIBOL!

Hello to Everyone visiting SIBOL today!

OOh! I'm so happy today SIBOL is really busy!!!!  I'm so pleased to be welcoming our new 'team bloggers'
Sabiha from Finland and Manda from the UK.  They have both very kindly agreed to 'team blog' with us and it's always so good to have new posts! I'm so pleased you have come on board with us and thank you for taking the time and trouble to say hello!

I do hope you will always go back posts, because I'd love you to read them. Some days SIBOL is quite fast moving. If you go back you will also see Karins' Squares from the Netherlands  that she has made for the 'Strawberry and Cream' theme, and also 'Luna' from Texas has made some 'Kiddes' Squares' along with a 'Strawberry' one. Just lovely. Thank you so much. It's always great fun to see what every one comes up with.

The other thing is.....Today I received Squares from Marion  here in the UK who has sent the most beautiful
Squares for the  'Strawberries and Cream'  Challenge. Aren't the colours just lovely? I couldn't resist picking a few Geraniums to lay by her Squares. It's a pretty cool day here in the UK, and the light could have been better, but I hope that hasn't spoiled any photos for you. I'm most grateful to you  Marion, the Squares are gorgeous! I'm sure you will all agree.

I am showcasing today Marions' Squares, enjoy them because they are truly so pretty........




I must also welcome our new Followers it's such a pleasure to see
the number rising and it would be great if you left a comment
and tell us what you think about SIBOL!

Thanks to everyone who continue to work hard for our SIBOL
 project 'Sunshine Blankets for the Elderly'. Ooh! I've just thought
 I need to tell you that I have a name for the white Blanket in the
 header. I asked Nettie (Quoin Flickr) in Australia to name the
Blanket as she had sent some Squares to me.Well she did come
 up with a couple of names but then her Son who is aged 11,
came up with 'Blizzard Blooms!'.  So I thought why not!
 'Blizzard Blooms is a really good name!'. So thank you!

Have a good day everyone!
Hugs Suex

5 comments:

  1. Marion your squares are so pretty. Wow, I have been working on some black and whites tonight to post off, but the red and white is fabulous.

    Sue, I love your garden, such colour and I love how you showcase these beautiful squares of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue: Its been really fun reading the team blog entries this morning! I believe special people have a way of attracting special people and we certainly have a group of very special people in SIBOL! Marion's squares are beautiful and bright. Those squares fit right in nestled next to those lovely geraniums and strawberries....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these colors are beautiful. Love it. I have been busy with some squares lately. Haven´t crocheting in 30 years LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sue for coming by my blog and saying such lovely things about my skirt etc. When my crocheting improves I would love to send you some squares but I have to practice some more first. And when the give away is on I will let you know :)

    love Alette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely squares. I am looking forward to seeing the first strawberry and creams blanket (I know the deadline is not before end of July :-) ).
    Susanna

    ReplyDelete