Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 23 July 2010

'Grandads' Squares! :) arrive this morning from the UK!

Hello Everyone!

I'm late writing today 'sorry'.  I have been out shopping with my Daughter today.  A bit of 'retail therapy!'.  When we got back there was a package waiting me.  It was from Marion (UK). On opening I thought gosh there are a lot of Squares here! Marion had very kindly crocheted me '25' wait for it.......'Grandad' Squares she calls them! I had to laugh to myself. We always call the Squares 'Granny' Squares don't we? Well the reason was because she had made the Squares for our 'Mens' Challenge! Yes, that's right so she called them 'Grandads' opposed to 'Granny!'.  Oh, gosh it really tickled me.....

I am so grateful to her. I am always pleased to know that everyone else enjoys SIBOL as much as me. We are all getting such pleasure from helping every one else.  I think that's really nice. The friendship between myself and Ladies who contact me is just wonderful.  I know you have all met new friends too through SIBOL. You know clicking on the link that I sometimes add, or indeed when you link your own blog if you are 'team blogging!' is just wonderful and I know for a fact that your visitors counter starts spinning round.
I'm really so pleased that you are enjoying SIBOL.

I have to say on this point please don't feel that you have to send Squares for every Challenge. You don't have to at all! Please just take part in what you feel you want to do. The Challenges are there to give us ideas of Squares to make. It's so interesting to see what every one comes up with. We all have such different ideas. Please don't feel that because you have contributed 'once' you have to again. If you don't want to that's absolutely fine with me. PLEASE just do what you want to do. I want you to enjoy it too, and I don't want you to feel pressured that you HAVE to make Squares! If you just want to visit SIBOL without making Squares that is absolutely fine with me. I just love having you all around! I love your comments
and indeed your thoughts.

I welcome everyone that is new visiting SIBOL, it's so good to have you enjoying the photos of the Squares and indeed the Slide Shows! Please visit our new blog SIBOL  - The Archive. This is new this week so it's still in the early stages, but we are hoping to post photos of Squares on there and give information where the Square was sourced from. Lots of Ladies always want to improve their skills and this might be a way of learning something new. There's not much on there at the moment, but I am hoping our 'team bloggers' will post a Square on there in time.

Oh well I have babbled enough, sorry.    I would like to show you Marions' beautiful 'Grandad' Squares, are you ready? Here goes.........


Created with flickr slideshow from softsea.


Aren't they just great for our Men's Challenge?
Have a good weekend everyone, and thank you Marion! and everyone else!

4 comments:

  1. I think Marion may be onto something with that term for "grandad" squares!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sue: Marion's squares are perfect and very grandfatherly. Wonderful job Marion!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice , love the combinations.Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great squares! Color combination is very nice...
    Congratulations Marion!

    ReplyDelete