'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net Thank you!

Thursday, 15 July 2010

Hi Everyone!

We've had a miserable day here in the UK today. Raining on and off most of the day. But something really cheered me up........Two packages arrived from Rebekka_uk (Flickr). What was inside? .......................



50 Squares!

Wow! Was I amazed!

I was so touched by Rebekka_uk's kindness. She had sent me all these Squares for our SIBOL Project! When I first started this project back in January I only EVER expected one Square.  But to send me 50, I was so overcome!

Rebekka_uk enclosed 50 Squares altogether, 25 Purple and 25 Green. Split into 8 Daisy Flowers, 2 African Flowers, 16 Poppy Flowers and 24 Granny Squares.  She also said I could really do what I wanted with them. Whether I wanted to split them and use them individually or make 2 Blankets.  Well what do you  think I will be doing with them? You've guessed correctly. If it's okay with her I shall make 2 Blankets.  She even referred me to Flickr to see the Layout she suggested.  So not much hard work for me on this one.

Rebekka_uk loves Crocheting as we all do, and I'm so pleased she has enjoyed making them for SIBOL.

I would like to now 'showcase' Rebekka_uk's gorgeous Squares. I  hope you enjoy looking at them.  Thank you so very much.





Aren't they just lovely? Such pretty Colours and pretty patterns. Have a good evening everyone and thanks for visiting SIBOL.

7 comments:

  1. oh wow!! what a generous gesture to complete two blankies worth and such glorious squares too!! well done Rebekka_uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue: What a lovely package to receive on a dreary day. Rebekka_uk's squares are so rich and luscious looking. How fun. Wonderful job Rebekka;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All beautiful.Great ....good job .Congrat....!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These squares are wonderful.
    This is very generous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this very lovely from Rebekka_uk. They are so beautiful. Very, very lovely.

    @ Sue: At the moment, we have at home many stress, but in the next days, i start to crochet Grannies and then i send to you.

    Many smiles and hugs,
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Rebekka i love the squares.That encourages all to make more.I have started doing some more now that i am home for a few weeks. MRS TWINS must be very busy taking shots of them and gathering them into georgous blankets this is the best team work i have ever been part of .Great job ladies.Now i have to get back to my squares i just stopped by to see what's new and enjoy the slide show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your comments!
    Have a good weekend everyone! x

    ReplyDelete